Offshore Consents Manager – Derogation Lead
Corio Generation is seeking an Offshore Consents Manager to join its Development Division. The intention is that the successful candidate will initially work on Corio’s flagship Outer Dowsing Offshore Windfarm (ODOW) project off the east coast of England.
Corio Generation / Green Investment Group and TotalEnergies in a JV 50/50 (GT R4 Ltd) have been awarded seabed lease rights to develop a 1.5 GW project in the UK southern North Sea. The project is in the Development Phase with the aim to achieve all the necessary consents, and complete the necessary surveys and engineering to enable the project to become operational before 2030.
Whilst initially deployed into the ODOW Project Team, the role presents the opportunity for long term career development within the wider Corio Generation business.
The position is in London with flexibility to work from home or elsewhere with regular visits to London Office (Farringdon). Occasional business travel in UK and possibly further afield will be required for this post.
Primary responsibilities include supporting the strategic derogation / compensation requirements for ODOW through engagement with stakeholders, industry initiatives, other offshore wind projects and Crown Estate through the development and DCO Examination phases.
Job Title Offshore Consents Manager – Derogation Lead
Reporting to Development Manager
Department Development Team
Job Location London
Travel Required UK / East of England
- To coordinate the strategic derogation / compensation requirements for ODOW through engagement with stakeholders, industry initiatives, other offshore wind projects and Crown Estate.
- To represent ODOW through direct engagement with The Crown Estate requirements under the Plan Level HRA requirements.
- To lead on compensation delivery options for offshore ornithology and Habitat SACs, as required.
- To coordinate all consultant advice & surveys relating to the above requirements.
- To prepare the DCO application relating to the above requirements and act as ODOW lead during written responses & representation during Examination.
- To advise on other strategic offshore EIA matters as required.
- To coordinate all studies and surveys required to support the delivery and maintenance of derogation / compensation as required, and interface with the engineering team to ensure any options proposed can be designed and delivered within the necessary procurement processes and timescales.
- Review, and maintain the derogation / compensation strategy that considers the key activities required to deliver all necessary compensation, project interfaces, environmental commitments, consent conditions, risks and the risk mitigation options.
- Provide proactive management of key relevant internal and external stakeholder interests including regulators and consultees.
- Identify relevant offshore stakeholders and work closely with EIA consultants environmental consultants to engage regularly with them to build and maintain trust and good relationships.
- Management of the ODOW compensation programme & budget and risks in close liaison with the project Programme, Risk and other Consents Managers.
- Management of specialist consultants and advisors including determination of scopes of work, contractor appointment and interpretation of advice received.
- Quality checks of documents to be issued to third parties.
- Ensure relevant parties are notified of, the project HSSE, legal, financial, consenting and engineering requirements for land activities, site visits and surveys.
- Provide monthly updates for the ODOW Board Meetings.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
The candidate must be equipped with a broad range of planning/consenting skills and experience relevant to offshore wind farm development; project management, consent and contract management skills The candidate must be qualified to degree level and familiarity with the UK offshore wind programme are essential. The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills, knowledge & experience:
- Planning, environmental or geographical degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in the renewables or other relevant infrastructure sectors.
- Deep knowledge and experience of offshore planning/consenting/DCO activities relevant to offshore wind farms.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, identify solutions, influence stakeholders to enable a successful implementation.
- Project Management skillsets.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Ideally have established, positive relationships with key statutory consultees.
- Appreciation of technical, commercial/contractual and policy aspects of connecting large infrastructure projects to the grid.
- Stakeholder / Relationship management skills in a similar environment with similar stakeholders.
We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you’re capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
If you have a growth mindset, are curious and have a passion for the green transition, we want to hear from you.
Corio Generation is a Macquarie Green Investment Group portfolio company, operating on a standalone basis. We’re a specialist offshore wind business, dedicated to harnessing renewable energy worldwide. We have a project pipeline of over 20 GW. Our global team of offshore wind specialists take projects from origination, through development and construction, and into operations.
Working in established and emerging markets, with floating and traditional fixed-bottom technologies, our projects support local economies while meeting the energy needs of communities and corporate off-takers sustainably, reliably, safely and responsibly.
To apply for this job please visit coriogeneration.teamtailor.com.