Offshore Consents Manager
Project role reference – ODOW 0119
Green Investment Group (GIG) and TotalEnergies in a JV 50/50 (GT R4 Ltd) have recently been awarded with the seabed lease rights to develop a 1.5 GW project in the UK. The project is in the Development Phase with the aim to achieve all the necessary consents, and complete the necessary surveys and engineering to enable the project to become operational before 2030. The position is an important role within this integrated JV project team.
The position is in London with flexibility on work from home or elsewhere with regular visits to London Office (Farringdon). Occasional business travel in UK and possibly further afield may be required for this post.
The project is currently recruiting an Offshore Consents Manager to for this flagship Round 4 offshore wind project on the east coast of England. Primary responsibilities include leading on all offshore consents, HRA and stakeholder engagement strategies and lead for all offshore consents matters during the DCO Examination.
The candidate must be equipped with a broad range of planning/consenting skills and experience relevant to offshore wind farm development; project management, consent and contract management skills The candidate must be qualified to degree level and familiarity with the UK offshore wind programme are essential.
- Project lead on all offshore consents, HRA and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Coordination of Offshore EIA & Project HRA.
- Coordinate Evidence Plan Process and Expert Topic Groups.
- Coordinate response to key Govt consultations.
- To coordinate all consultant advice & surveys relating to the above requirements and interface with the engineering team.
- To prepare the DCO application relating to the above requirements and act as ODOW lead during written responses & representation during Examination.
- Advise on Govt. Policy updates relating to EIA and HRA.
- Ensure adherence with Planning Act processes and guidance.
- To advise on other strategic offshore EIA matters as required.
- Ideally have established, positive relationships with key statutory consultees.
- Appreciation of technical, commercial/contractual and policy aspects of connecting large infrastructure projects to the grid.
- Stakeholder / Relationship management skills in a similar environment with stakeholders.
Specific Role Competencies:
- Planning, environmental or geographical degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in the renewables or other relevant infrastructure sectors.
- Deep knowledge and experience of offshore planning/consenting/DCO activities relevant to offshore wind farms.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, identify solutions, influence stakeholders to enable a successful implementation.
- Project Management skillsets.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
We understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you’re capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
If you have a growth mindset, are curious and have a passion for the green transition, we want to hear from you.
This role is being recruited by TotalEnergies Renewables with the intention that the successful candidate will be initially assigned and seconded to the Outer dowsing Project Team. However, the opportunity presents longer term career opportunities in the wider TotalEnergies organisation.